Reports to: Paramedic Field Supervisor
Location: Cherokee County
Division: Upstate - 911
Salary Range: $56,984-$77,096.00 (DOE/DOQ) - based upon full-time hours
The Paramedic works within a family-oriented environment to deliver emergency care to the citizens and visitors of Cherokee County. As a Paramedic, you will work alongside other healthcare providers in the provision of Advanced Life Support (ALS) and customer service-focused care. When the Paramedic is not providing direct emergency care, they will maintain stations and equipment in accordance with organizational policy and shall assist in public relations activities within the community.
- Successful completion of an accredited Paramedic program
- South Carolina/National Registry Paramedic
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – or equivalent
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) - preferred
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, & 800 (or obtained during probationary period)
- Defensive Driving Credential (or obtained during probationary period)
- HAZMAT Awareness (Preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License with an Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
Responsibilities & Scope of Work:
- Works as a team to successfully operate a single ambulance operation in the provision of Basic and Advanced Life Support services.
- Response, treatment, and transportation of patients in accordance with organizational policy, industry standards, and the provider’s scope of practice.
- Provides rehab services during fireground operations and other emergency situations.
- Compassionate care delivered with clinical excellence, and with customer service in mind.
- Project a professional image through positive community interactions, adherence to uniform standards, and through positive body language.
- Timely completion of patient care reports and submission by end of shift.
- Completion of daily unit check sheets and assurance that equipment is on-board and in working order/of required quantities
- District familiarity (or acquired with experience)
- Maintenance of quarters and units in accordance with organizational policy, submitting repair/maintenance requisitions as necessary
- Collaboration with other public safety professionals and allied health professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and/or move 150lbs independently (300lbs with a partner) while demonstrating safe maneuvers and patient lifting competency.
- Be able and willing to be seated, standing, walking, etc. for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures based on environmental conditions.
- Ability to successfully mitigate stressful situations with co-workers, other healthcare providers, patients, and the public.
- Flexibility to respond to emergency requests during assigned shift.
All personnel selected for employment with Thorne Ambulance Service, LLC will be required to complete and pass a drug screen, criminal background, OIG exclusion, and sex offender registry check. Paramedics must have a motor vehicle record sufficient to gain driver clearance.
Medical Dental Vision 401(k) Paid Time Off Paid Uniforms
Continuing Education (to Critical Care) Advancement Opportunities Cell Discounts
About Thorne Ambulance Service
Thorne Ambulance Service is an award-winning family owned and operated mobile medical provider headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina. Established in 2010, Thorne has a fleet of 40 vehicles, approximately 200 team members, and serves from locations in Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Greenwood, and Cherokee County.
Thorne is the sole provider of Emergency Medical Services in Cherokee County (as of January 2023), and the preferred provider of Bon Secours St. Francis Healthcare, AnMed Health Cannon, Self Regional Healthcare, HCA Grand Strand, among others.
To learn more, please visit: www.ThorneAmbulance.com
THORNE AMBULANCE SERVICE, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER